Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The actual park was built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been added where the creatures can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has located many opera performances as well as dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life varieties have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There is a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and explore bons plans restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan region in France. This city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You can reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is situated in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people residing there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.